PROVA

Italiano


Rasi Theatre

Apertura Rasi


RAVENNA TEATRO - TEATRO RASI via di Roma 39 Ravenna (map
information: +39 0544 36239 

The origins of Teatro Rasi date back to the monastic church of Santa Chiara, built in 1250 and transformed into a riding school in the Napoleonic period. It became a theatre in 1874, was inaugurated in 1892 and in 1919 named for Luigi Rasi. What remains of Santa Chiara is the façade, now the theatre entrance, and the apse which is set in the stage area. Since 1991 the Rasi has been the headquarters of Ravenna Teatro, Teatro Stabile d'Innovazione, founded by the Teatro delle Albe and the Company Drammatico Vegetale. Ravenna Teatro carried out two rehabilitation interventions in 2000 and 2007. Management of the Rasi is governed by an agreement between Ravenna Teatro and the Municipality of Ravenna.

 
 

 

 
photo by Cesare Fabbri